WHAT IS THE CLOUD?
Imagine being able to run a secure, mobile computer network that fits the needs of your business to a tee, but doesn’t require expensive hardware or frequent management and maintenance? Well, thanks to the cloud you can!
You’re probably already using the cloud in your day-to-day life.
Online banking websites, email providers like Hotmail and Gmail, as well as the file-sharing site Dropbox, live in the cloud. These sites store data online, meaning you can access your files from any Internet connection.
A business using a cloud-hosted computing system operates in the same way. Instead of hosting files and applications on hardware located in the business’ physical office, data is housed in a virtual server.
For many businesses, this can be a more affordable and flexible way to manage their IT needs.
Should you move to the Cloud?
There are quite a few advantages to moving your business to the Cloud –
There’s a lot of excitement surrounding cloud hosting. But is it right for your business?
1. Would you like to be able to access email from anywhere, have it synced to all your devices (smartphones, iPads, laptops) and be confident that it’s securely backed up all of the time?
2. Do you feel your employees are tied to the office when they could be more productive out on the road or working from home?
3. Do you worry about the ongoing management and maintenance costs of your current IT resources? Are you paying for in-house IT support but only using it sporadically?
4. Does your in-house IT support lack the expertise to fully manage your local equipment?
5. Does investing in expensive hardware seem like money down the drain, particularly when you’re only going to have to upgrade again in a few years?
6. Are you happy with the uptime of your IT equipment and systems?
If you can answer yes to some – or all – of these questions, then moving your computing systems to the cloud could be the right choice for your business.
Share data quickly and easily with other members of your team.
Our file sharing software provides a secure, high-capacity alternative to Dropbox.
Access your email from any device, from anywhere in the world.
We will migrate your inboxes to Microsoft Hosted Exchange, enabling you to read and send mail from your PC, mobile device or through web-mail, as well as access important data like shared inboxes, calendars and contact lists.
So whether you’re working from the office, from home or on the road, all the information you need to keep your business running will be right there with you – always.
Access your desktop from any device, from anywhere you need to be.
We can set you up with a secure, desktop environment that’s tailored to support your exact business needs. It’s easy to increase your capabilities as your business grows and if you run into difficulties, our capable help desk team is just a phone call or email away.
All the tools you need to run your business, accessible from any device.
If you have more than one office, or want to give your staff the flexibility to work from home, hosted applications give everyone access to their everyday software – no matter where they’re working from
Taking the hassle out of data backup.
At Belton we use the amazing capabilities of the cloud to provide a fully-automated backup service. You don’t need to remember to run a program or insert a CD because your files are routinely backed up to our secure, virtual servers – just like magic.
This means that an up-to-date copy of your files is always available and ready to be restored at a moment’s notice.